The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Shadow Executive Committee are ex officio the Leader and Deputy Leader of the Shadow Dorset Council. They were appointed by the Shadow Executive Committee at its first meeting on 18 June 2018.
The Committee comprises of 20 councillors from Dorset Councils. Each of the Executive Members undertake a Lead Member role for the following areas of responsibility:
- Health and Wellbeing – Cllr Rebecca Knox (email@example.com)
- Harbours, Beaches & Coastal Defences – Cllr Colin Huckle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Finance – Cllr Tony Ferrari (email@example.com)
- Economic Development (Tourism, LEP and Skills) – Cllr Gary Suttle (LEP) (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cllr Andrew Parry (Skills) (email@example.com)
- Environment, Roads & Parks – Cllr Daryl Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Property & Assets – Cllr Jeff Cant (email@example.com)
- Heritage, Museums, Culture, Arts & Family History Centre – Cllr Matthew Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Digital, ICT & Information Governance – Cllr Simon Tong (email@example.com)
- Customer Access & Engagement – Cllr Graham Carr-Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HR & Workforce – Cllr Peter Wharf (email@example.com)
- Governance – Cllr Spencer Flower (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Communications – Cllr Gary Suttle (email@example.com) and Cllr Rebecca Knox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Safeguarding (Community Safety) – Cllr Pauline Batstone (email@example.com)
- Adult Services – Cllr Jill Haynes (Jill.Haynes@dorsetcc.gov.uk)
- Planning – Cllr David Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Emergency Planning & Regulatory Services – Cllr Barry Quinn (email@example.com)
- Housing – Cllr Graham Carr-Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Communities – Cllr Sherry Jespersen (email@example.com)
- Leisure Services – Cllr Mary Penfold (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Waste – Cllr Tony Alford (email@example.com)
- Children’s Services – Cllr Steve Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Education & Skills – Cllr Andrew Parry (email@example.com)
A calendar of meetings was agreed at the first meeting of the Shadow Dorset Council on 7 June 2018. Agendas, Reports and Minutes are available for each meeting of the Committee. During 1 April 2019 until 6 May 2019 there will be Interim Committees to deal with any shadow council business.
Members of the Shadow Dorset Council and members of the public are able to ask questions at meetings of the Shadow Council and its committees – you can read the full guidance notes here: Guidance Note – Member Speaking & Guidance Note – Public Speaking
The forward plan of forthcoming decisions to be taken by the Shadow Executive must be published 28 days (except for the first plan which is published as soon as possible following the first meeting of the Shadow Dorset Council) prior to each meeting and are listed below.
Terms of Reference
The Shadow Executive Terms of Reference were agreed at the first meeting of the Shadow Dorset Council on 7 June 2018.